Can a cannabis tincture get you drunk?
It’s a well-known fact that cannabis has a psychoactive effect, which causes a high. But is it just a psychoactive effect? Can you get stoned on a cannabis tincture?
In Weed, you’re either a “Pot Head” or just “Hippy”, and mostly, you’re right. Pot is one of the most natural-feeling substances when ingested, and many people feel more at home when high.
You are probably wondering, “Does cannabis tincture get you drunk?” Most people think it does, but they are wrong.
Cannabis tincture does not get you drunk. It gets you high. There are a few other things that you may not know about this wonderful herb that can help you with various ailments.
In fact, the cannabis plant is so entwined with the human body for its beneficial health effects that it has become a wound-healing medium, and has been used for pain relief for thousands of years.
For most people, smoking cannabis is considered the fastest way to get high. However, this argument is debatable because there is a significant difference between the effects of smoking and ingesting cannabis tincture.
If you’re a regular cannabis user, you know the drug can have some seriously adverse effects on your mind and body.
What is Cannabis Tincture?
Cannabis tincture is one of the most common ways to consume cannabis and is one of the first products many people try when starting out. It is a very potent and concentrated form of cannabis, which is made by dissolving the marijuana plant material in alcohol.
Cannabis tincture is a cannabis extract made into a liquid form for consumption or also likely called a liquid edible.
It can be made by dissolving marijuana into a neutral or acidic substance, then evaporating the liquid to a higher concentrate. It can also be made using ethanol, or some other solvent.
There are two different kinds of tinctures, the difference between them is the method by which they are made:
- A solvent-based tincture is made using alcohol, which is then used to extract the THC from marijuana.
- A non-solvent-based tincture is made using an extraction method that does not involve using alcohol. This is typically a method that uses a combination of solvents, such as glycerin or acetic acid, to extract the active ingredients (e.g., THC, CBD, CBG, etc.) from the plant.
It is available in different strengths such as 10, 20, 30, and 50mg. The higher the strength the more the effects will be felt, however, if you are new to cannabis, start with a small dose first, then work your way up.
If you are a frequent user of cannabis, it is better not to use more than one for daily doses, as this can cause you to become more intoxicated.
But if you are using it for pain relief or anxiety relief, it can be a great alternative to other medications provided that you have a medical prescription for it.
How to make Marijuana Tincture
Cannabis tincture is perhaps the most effective way of consuming marijuana.
It’s also the easiest to make, and you can choose which grade of the cannabis you want to use. The word “tincture” means “a small bottle.”
The various grades of cannabis have different levels of THC – the psychoactive chemical that makes you high. The higher the level of THC, the stronger the high. Most high strength weeds can make a tincture.
You can make cannabis tincture at home by following these steps:
- First, you’ll need to prepare your solvent, ethanol alcohol (which is also known as the common solvent).
- Next, you’ll need to decarboxylate your cannabis. This means to have your cannabis undergo heating to activate the cannabinoids present in it.
- Then, add your ground cannabis to your solvent and put the mixture into a dark, tightly sealed container.
- Shake vigorously for a few minutes every day for about a week.
- Strain your cannabis solvent, and place the resulting liquid into a dark dropper bottle.
- Place the cannabis tincture into a cool, dark place for several weeks. Take in small amounts as needed.
Note: Remember, most likely for a 20 ml tincture you will need 0.5 grams of cannabis. However, each method and the amount of the active ingredient extracted from the plant varies.
This form of cannabis can be taken orally, sublingually (which means under the tongue), or by vaping.
What are the benefits of Marijuana Tincture?
Cannabis, or marijuana, is a plant that has been used for centuries for its therapeutic benefits, healing properties, and medicinal benefits. Thus, it has been devised in order to consume the plant in other forms.
There are numerous advantages of consuming cannabis tinctures. Among these are:
- Compared with smoking marijuana, there is no visible smoke when taking cannabis tincture.
- Difference between tincture and edibles, marijuana oil tinctures are easy to make, due to lower calorie content.
- As it is placed in a dropper bottle, it can be administered simply by placing a few drops under your tongue, making it convenient to use.
- It can be added to food or beverage.
Cannabis tincture is a highly concentrated form of cannabis that is often used to treat a wide range of health conditions. Some of the most common conditions include:
- chronic pain,
- acute pain
- digestive disorders,
- heart problems,
- anxiety disorders,
- depression, and
- various skin conditions.
Individual studies are being conducted on the effects of cannabis tincture on a wide variety of issues and conditions.
It has been researched for its potential use in the treatment of many health conditions and is also showing positive effects in the treatment of some cancers, as well as being a promoter of healing in other areas of health.
Possible negative side effects of Cannabis Tinctures
The psychoactive effects of cannabinoids are subject to complex pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics.
Dosage is very important for cannabinoids. The typical dosage range is 10–100 mg of THC.
The effects of THC are dose-dependent. A small dose (a.k.a acute dose) produce a subtle mind-altering effect, while a larger dose (a.k.a maximum dose or toxic dose) cause marked changes in awareness and perception.
The amount of THC necessary to produce psychoactive effects varies tremendously among individuals, and it is influenced by many factors.
Some of the side effects felt include:
- dry mouth,
- impaired mind and body coordination,
- increased heart rate,
- lightheadedness, and
Drink recipes with Cannabis Tincture
Marijuana tincture is a concentrated form of cannabis that is taken in different ways.
There are a lot of different ways to use delicious cannabis-infused tinctures, and that means lots of different recipes, too.
The first thing you need to know about marijuana tincture is that it is very strong.
If you are doing marijuana tincture for the first time, you may not want to start with the amount of marijuana tincture in this recipe.
If you have an experienced marijuana tincture recipe, you may want to try this one, since it may have the exact amount of marijuana tincture you need.
You can add cannabis tincture to a variety of drinks. Try adding cannabis tincture to some smoothies, sodas, and cocktails. Find a few recipes below.
- Cannabis lemonade:
- 1 drop cannabis tincture
- 300 ml lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons of sweetener
- 1.5 litres (6 cups) of water
- In a pitcher with 3 cups of water, add in lemon juice.
- Next, add vanilla extract.
- Also, don’t forget to add a drop of the cannabis tincture.
- Then add the other half a litre of water and the sweetener.
- Mix well and enjoy!
- Stoner’s Delight Recipe:
- 2 oz Vodka
- 3 oz Orange Juice
- 1 oz Moonshine
- 1 dropper Marijuana Tincture
Pour all ingredients into a tall glass over ice. Stir well.
- Stoned Tea Recipe:
- 1 dropper Marijuana Tincture
- 1 qt Hot Water
- 1 Bag Black Tea
- Make a regular cup of tea.
- Add marijuana tincture to hot water and steep tea bag in this mixture.
Thoughts on Cannabis Tinctures
These are the most important things to keep in mind when thinking about using marijuana tincture as one of the cannabis products:
- Remember that cannabis tincture is not water soluble, so you can’t just put it in a tea or bong a few drops. Be more deliberate about how you take it.
- Make sure to use a very small amount. Just like alcohol, too much and you can end up with a hangover or worse.
- Be careful about using marijuana tincture if you’re inexperienced. Start with a tiny dose and wait a while to see how it affects you before using more.
- Store cannabis tincture in a cool, dark place.
- The potency of tincture is determined by the amount of plant material and the amount of solvent.
Marijuana is one of the most controversial substances on the planet. It’s easily one of the most abused substances and has seen a dramatic increase in popularity for recreational and medicinal use in the past few decades.
There is no better way to boost your dose than with a tincture.
The benefits of these extracts are unbelievable, they are easy to take, and their effects are long-lasting. The problem is, you need to make sure you are taking the right dose and making sure there are no side effects.
The tincture has mostly been promoted as a treatment for cancer, and its use has been advocated as a way of safely using marijuana. Amazingly, there are still many people out there who haven’t heard of the marijuana tincture.